Substantial and stunning reproduction sideboard, given a soft and beautiful look with Champagne Waltz chalk paint and the large Imperial garden transfer.
Here is my step by step process to create this piece:
* I cleaned my piece well with sugar soap and water and a good rinse off, and a slight sand just on the top to even out the original finish
* Paint in a slightly textured way all over using Champagne Waltz Vintro chalk paint, 2 coats and a little touch up only required for good coverage. I used s straight edge synthetic brush for this
* A light sand to even out the texture a little especially on the doors where my transfer was going, and some distressing to the sideboard edges
* A good dust down using a damp cloth as transfers do NOT like dust
* Work out positioning of my transfer on each door, I dummied this up by taping it into position until I was happy and I had lots left over for a different project
* Added in a few flowing pieces to each door transfer to balance out the design
* Rub down any fluffy transfer bits once complete with clean hands
* Finish entire piece in Crystal coloured wax by mixing clear wax and crystal vintro paint, see my tutorial under the tutorial tab to see how I do this.
All furniture pieces are pick up only ex our Tauranga Vintage Shoppe