How to Create Textured Rustic Glam Black Chalk Paint Recipe
Create a worn and textured look with a little bit of glam with an interesting way to distress. Using all Vintro paints, view the details in the downloadable PDF file below.
- Chalk paint your piece with loads of texture as normal ( we used Pebble chalk paint)
- Make a mix of 50/50 water and Victorian black chalk paint. This will be very runny and thin. Paint over the Pebble paint with this mix
- Sand your piece lightly with a high grit sandpaper to expose some of the Pebble paint and raised bits showing through, do as little or as much as your like according to taste.
- Wax your piece as normal with Dark wax, using a strong rubbing motion, this will remove some of the thin layer of Victorian Black, this is called wax distressing
- Add highlights with touches of Vintage Gold gilding wax or Gold metallic paint
- Pebble Vintro Chalk Paint
- Victorian Black Vintro Chalk paint
- Vintro Dark Wax
- Vintage Gold gilding wax or
- Vintro Gold metallic paint
- Staalmeester 3600 wax paint brush