Artisan Paint Recipe Luxuriously Textured & Rustic
Create a Vintage Luxe look with a little bit of glam and interesting way to distress. Using all Artisan paints products, view the details in the downloadable PDF file below.
- Chalk paint your piece with loads of texture using a Staalmeester 3600 brush. We used Potters Clay Premium chalk paint
- Make a mix of 50/50 water and Carbon Black Premium chalk paint. This will be very runny and thin. Paint over the Potters Clay paint with this mix
- Sand your piece lightly with a high grit sandpaper to expose some of the Potters Clay paint and raised bits showing through, do as little or as much as your like according to taste.
- Mix some Carbon Black Premium chalk paint into Dark Wax and wax your piece as normal, using a strong rubbing motion, this will remove some of the thin layer of Carbon Black as well, this is called wax distressing
- Add highlights with touches of Gold gilding wax or one of the Gold Creme metallic paints
- Potters Clay Premium chalk paint
- Carbon Black Premium chalk paint
- Dark Wax high performing
- Brass Gold gilding wax or
Classic Gold Creme
- Staalmeester 3600 wax paint brush